Friday, June 27, 2008

Felons

Someone give me a convincing article about why felons shouldn't be able to vote. I think it's ridiculous actually, I think if you are not in prison, you should have the right to vote. Yes, If someone commits a felony than they make wrong decisions. But, if and when that person gets out jail they still have to live with the choices made by the rest of their city/state/country. Most ex-convicts don't have money, the majority the of the ex-convicts are democratic (I heard this on cnn, so who actually knows I question it because although the poor and minorities usually swing democratic there are probably areas of the United States where convicts are more like NRA gunslingers (haha a joke). I just honestly think voting isn't a privilege, it's a right. The reason why I believe that is simply living in America and reading American history, women fought to vote, blacks fought to vote. When they were fighting they weren't saying "give me my privilege". Then again the right to vote usualy comes along with the right to freedom, men who have commited felonies, obviously gave up their right to freedom, so why not their right to vote. The idea of anyone who is not able to vote sickens me, maybe I'm too liberal on this matter. I just don't think that a felon who is giving only 2 (maybe 3) options on a ballot could seriously ruin the world. UNLESS all the ex convicts decided to get together who live in Florida and not fully punch in who they wanted. for the presidency DAMN YOU CHADS!

No comments: