Monday, August 25, 2008

Mysterious Things Happen Backstage

I should be given an award.
The highest that any actress can receive.
I hide behind this toughness.
But inside I am soft.

Cancel the Oscars, I'm the star.
All you need is me.
Golden Statue in my hand.
While spinach is stuck between my teeth.

Hidden amongst the Hollywood Stars lies a single plaque.
"Died too young, died in the attack"
The attack of the youth, propagated by the media.
Kill me quickly, just a little speedier.

Who are you to tell me how I feel?
Who are you to remind me of my regrets?
Oh I forgot you are there to remind me of my faults.
To come to me at my every beck and call.

Sin of the flesh.
Sins feel so good.
I wish I could eat it.
Don't you wish you could.

The most delectable meal, that you have ever tasted.
The girl most like you, that you feel you wasted.
I'm sorry it couldn't of been.
And it is all my sorrow.
I always thought for you and me there would be a tomorrow.
But now I realize I'm foolish and that you'll never let go.
Of something that has happened so many months ago.
It was just a phase, as people like to say.
It was just a creation, a musical, a play.
And I am the only one who is on stage, you exited a while ago.
No one throws me flowers after the performance is done.
They felt it all too real.
The pain masked underneath my eyes in the form of purple bags.
I don't think you hurt at all.
And I never wish you do.

No comments: