Sunday, August 24, 2008

Have You Ever Felt


Like this?

That's how I used to feel in Las Vegas, and since I've been in Reno, that feeling has gone away. In the first time in I don't know how many months, maybe even years, I am truly happy. You know the Incubus song "Wish You Were Here", that song, minus missing someone. I mean I do miss my Vegas friends, but I'm making a lot of new friends here, who offer me intellectual stimulation (no where near the level of Nessa though, we were basically cut from the same cloth).

So as I sit in my dorm room listening to my Zune player on random. An old school No Doubt song is on, and I'm in a groove. When I say old school, i mean from their first album, and the song is sinking. SO AWESOME. This is AWESOME (I know, i use the word to much).



Reno is such a quaint place, and I absolutely love it. Down Virginia St. there is a free transit bus also. I rode that shit down Virginia, to down town or the Reno Strip. I just ran (exercise for the soul, more so than the body.)



I had to post a picture of the sign during the day time, because that's how I usually see it. Fuck going down there at night, I am a little scared. HAHAH me, the fucking Vegas kid that I am, who fucking walks down the strip fucked up on drugs and alcohol. I'M afraid of the Reno strip. Actually I usually tend to be more afraid when there's less people around, then your screams can't be heard.


This is a statue outside of the Mackay Mining School. I love it, it struck me for some odd reason and I can't really put my finger on it. There stands a man, dressed as a simple miner, a hardworking man who had to break a sweat for his fortune. That's what America was about, hard working people. We've turned into such a nation of lazy people, and yes, I'm a hypocrite.


Of course I had to post a picture of something that is on campus and actually has to do with my major and shit. If you didn't already know I'm a Political Science major or PoliSci for short. I plan on getting a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and I'm minoring in French. I plan on doing all of this within 3 years and then heading to California (UC Berkeley, or Standford) for Law School (another 3 years of education). I want to be a politician. I'll be like Obama, but way better. See I think the problem with politicians today is they won't realize that party platform is bullshit. Republicans and Democrats have swapped viewpoints many times during the formation of the bi-partisan system. What's worse is this government basically runs on a bi-partisan system. Its like high school, the Democrats are the Student Council kids and the Republicans are the jocks, and independents are outcasts. I may primarily be a "Democrat" but deep down inside I'm a Republicrat. I have many Republican values, not when it comes to business though (NAFTA, and CAFTA, and fuck all the democrats that voted for that shit)

Basically the theme of this blog is, that I finally feel like I'm doing something with my life. Not to mention, I don't know, I don't even want to talk about it. BUT NESSA KNOWS. It's so very hard now, SO VERY HARD TO DEAL WITH IT. I feel like a serial rapist every time I'm stuck in a situation with a statue. :[ IT'S SO BAD :[
BUT i'm still happy. There's a time for everything and that will eventually happen to. I will actually be happy if it happens later than sooner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you. We're gay. Cut from some tweed pattern for a peacoat. i don't know.